nxdomain rfc2308 type 2, but authority is incorrect

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Aug 11 10:45:46 UTC 2016

William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

> Oh! I missed that. ns*.nameresolve.com, the authoratative name servers
> for kissimmee.org, are saying NXDOMAIN for www.kissimmee.org. Any idea
> what DNS server nameresolve.com uses? Because that's... wow.

Er, me too, headdesk. NXDOMAIN with an answer?!

$ fpdns ns2.yourhostingaccount.com.
fingerprint (ns2.yourhostingaccount.com., 65.254.254.155): Unlogic Eagle DNS 1.0 -- 1.0.1 [New Rules]

Tony.
Humber, Thames, Dover: West or southwest 4 or 5, increasing 6 at times. Slight
or moderate. Occasional rain at first. Good, occasionally poor at first.