Advertising rented IPv4 prefix from a different ASN.

Soon Keat Neo neo at soonke.at
Fri Aug 5 15:28:49 UTC 2016

I'm not sure how bad of a practice it really is, however, I've seen it in
use in multiple networks and ASes who sublet their IP space, and far as
I've known, seem to work fine for most networks.

Of course, this may also cause the University itself to be subject to
unwanted traffic if for example the BGP session announcing the subletted
space goes down.

And, whether this violates the RIR regulations is another thing altogether.

SoonKeat

Regards,
Neo Soon Keat