Host.us DDOS attack -and- related conversations

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Wed Aug 3 15:06:29 UTC 2016

    Well,

    I didn't want to pollute nanog list with my BCP38 (or other
solutions) ranting, but come on:

[1] How can insuring source IP's, coming out your network, are part of
your advertised subnets pathetic and futile?

    Don't you think if the source ip are traceable back to OVH actually,
it would be easy for OVH to see and deal with it, instead of noises with
random source IP coming from the bunch of un-patched residential routers
in Latin America's (for example)?

    And we're back on track with "do nothing but pay for protection" as
the only solution.  Gotta love Humans.

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443