Host.us DDOS attack -and- related conversations

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Wed Aug 3 14:53:22 UTC 2016

    Well,

    I'm sorry.

    That sound like the CloudFlare argument:  You cannot fix the DDoSs
at the source because Elbonia can do it.  The only solution is to pay
for protection.

    Between you and me, if only Elbonia are left DDoSing at 100Gbps, we
simply de-peer the commercial subnets from that country (leaving the
govt subnets up obviously) and see for them to deal with their trash
ISPs once for all.  ( That's how we used to do it early on when the IIRC
flooding started ).

    Or we keep getting DDoSed for the next 100+ years.

    PS: Yes, the fictional country from the Dilbert syndicated cartoons.

On a humorous note:

    The DDoS protection lobby is our NRA.

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443