Friday's Random Comment - About: Arista and FIB/RIB's

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Fri Apr 29 12:17:41 UTC 2016

    While following that Arista chat...  That reminded me of that little
afternoon project years ago.

So I decided to find new hamsters, fire up that VM, refresh the DB's and
from the view point of a tiny 7206VXR/G1 with 2 T3 peers...

    The amount of superfluous subnet advertisement drop to ~120k from
~166k from the previous snapshot.

    And this is the distribution by country.

      country       | superfluous
--------------------+-------------
 United States      |     28254
 Brazil             |     10012
 China              |      7537
 India              |      6449
 Russian Federation |      4524
 Korea, Republic of |      4062
 Saudi Arabia       |      3297
 Australia          |      2989
 Indonesia          |      2878
 Hong Kong          |      2251
 Thailand           |      2093
 Canada             |      2019
 Taiwan             |      1955
 Ukraine            |      1877
 Singapore          |      1856
 Bulgaria           |      1488
 Argentina          |      1436
 Japan              |      1403
 Mexico             |      1351
 Chile              |      1271

    (Damn Canada, can't break top 10 again).

    PS: "Superfluous" is a nice way to say that the best path of a
subnet is the same as his supernet.  And yes I'm aware of the Weekly
Routing Report, I was just curious to see it by country =D.

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443