contact with mail support for domain cisco.com

Hugo Slabbert hugo at slabnet.com
Thu Apr 28 15:37:04 UTC 2016

On Thu 2016-Apr-28 09:48:09 +0200, Piotr <piotr.1234 at interia.pl> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>There is a problem with sending emails from employees in @cisco.com
>domain to some certain domain. Emails in opposite direction pass
>without problem. No errors, warnings or any other logs at cisco's
>employees desktop.. We checked popular rbls, spamhauses, senderbase
>etc. Other domains on the same MX cluster receive emails from
>@cisco.com..
>
>I try to get help in many ways ( cisco tac, a few  account managers,
>channel partners) but without success..
>
>Big thanks for contact via email:   peter.handke.1966 at gmail.com
>or any other advice

You've given us damn near zero information to go on.  Are you with Cisco?
Or managing some of these "certain domains" to which cisco.com addresses
cannot send?  It sounds like the latter and that seems more plausible as
I'd be pretty surprised to find a cisco.com postmaster sending a vague
request like this to nanog.  I don't really get how TAC would be involved;
have you tried postmaster at cisco.com?  Assuming that you *are* the receiving
side, what logs do you have on this?  What are the names of these "certain
domains"?  Are they all under the same administrative control / same MXs
(I'm assuming yes)?

This also seems like something for mailop[1] rather than nanog.  Fair
warning; they're using Let's Encrypt and are having trouble with the
rollover, so the cert's expired again.

Hugo Slabbert       | email, xmpp/jabber: hugo at slabnet.com
pgp key: B178313E   | also on Signal