New Switches with Broadcom StrataDNX

Jeff Tantsura jeff.tantsura at ericsson.com
Mon Apr 18 18:54:24 UTC 2016

Lincoln,

Why wouldn’t they?
What is it Arista did others didn’t?

Cheers,
Jeff

From: lincoln dale <ltd at interlink.com.au<mailto:ltd at interlink.com.au>>
Date: Monday, April 18, 2016 at 11:42 AM
To: Colton Conor <colton.conor at gmail.com<mailto:colton.conor at gmail.com>>
Cc: Jeff Tantsura <jeff.tantsura at ericsson.com<mailto:jeff.tantsura at ericsson.com>>, "nanog at nanog.org<mailto:nanog at nanog.org>" <nanog at nanog.org<mailto:nanog at nanog.org>>
Subject: Re: New Switches with Broadcom StrataDNX

Yes. We also have 1M+ FIB support day one too - hence the letter 'R' denoting the evolution with 3rd generation of its evolution to internet edge/router use cases.

Not sure what other vendors are doing but I doubt others are yet shipping large table support.
(there's more to it than just the underlying native silicon)

cheers,

lincoln. (ltd at arista.com<mailto:ltd at arista.com>)