ASR-9K CPU troubleshooting

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Mon Apr 18 18:14:49 UTC 2016

--- regezos at gmail.com wrote:
From: Rukka Pal <regezos at gmail.com>

How do you guys troubleshoot high CPU utilization on the ASR-9K platform?
Detailed guides are available for IOS platforms, but I can't seem to find
anything useful for the ASR.

The average line-card (0/0/CPU0: A9K-24x10GE-TR) CPU utilization of my
routers is about 10%, however recently I have noticed that 3-5 times a day
it increases to 40% and stays there for about an hour (20% spp + 10% netio
+ the rest).

I know this is well withing the acceptable range, but I am the kind of
person who likes to understand every change in his network and during the
investigation I had to realize that I simply don't have the tools to
troubleshoot the ASR CPU.

On cisco: sho proc cpu

scott