[lists] Re: phone fun, was GeoIP database issues and the real world consequences

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Fri Apr 15 19:29:06 UTC 2016

I highly doubt that your SIM card is depleted due to the US mobile phone
billing structure. Sounds like a bad contract with a carrier that is
billing you for incoming calls even though you aren't on the network, or
bills you a fee each month when your SIM is inactive.

Don't blame a country's mobile telephone billing structure for a carrier's
cell phone billing plan that seems confusing.

That's like blaming the Department of Transportation for your faulty
airbag.

Beckman