GeoIP database issues and the real world consequences

Niels Bakker niels=nanog at bakker.net
Mon Apr 11 22:23:09 UTC 2016

* owen at delong.com (Owen DeLong) [Tue 12 Apr 2016, 00:02 CEST]:
>I hear this argument about various things over and over and over again.
>
>However, my home address has been published in multiple whois
>databases since I moved here in 1993.
>
>Not once has a nitwit with a gun shown up on my doorstep as a result.

I think you miss the point.  Your geocoordinates were not mistakenly
associated with nigh infinite amounts of internet abuse.  This thread
has (mostly) been about wrong information being published, not
information being published at all.

	-- Niels.