Stop IPv6 Google traffic

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 20:28:00 UTC 2016

On 10 April 2016 at 21:33, <bzs at theworld.com> wrote:

> <RANT level=MINOR>
>
> Ya know, this is the problem with this kind of list groupthink.
>
> Who cares what his motivations are unless he asks for help with that
> underlying problem?

But you are clearly wrong. Because he got asked and then told us what the
underlying problem was, he got in touch with the correct guy at Google that
will now fix his problem the right way. Your way everyone would have ended
up in a worse shape.

Also we are not just here to show of our vast knowledge, but to learn. Some
of us would want to know why one would want to disable IPv6 for Google.
Maybe our own network has the same issues. And I for one would not want the
"block Google" solution. We already registered our customer allocation size
of /48 in the RIPE database, so I hope Google will pick that up
automatically.

Regards,

Baldur