Stop IPv6 Google traffic

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Apr 10 15:31:00 UTC 2016

Hi,
> The problem is IPv6-enabled customers complaints see captcha, and Google
> NOC refuses to help solve it saying like find out some of your customer
> violating some of our policy. As you can imagine, this is not possible.

your customers are getting AAAA addresses when looking up google addresses...so their
clients are trying to use IPv6 to talk to google..... so doing anything to that traffic - blackholing
or just denying it, WILL affect the clients.

give clients their own bigger blocks - or identify the clients violating policy (what the policy
they are violating?) - you'll probably find the ones getting the captchas are the ones violating! ;-)

alan