Stop IPv6 Google traffic

Niels Bakker niels=nanog at bakker.net
Sun Apr 10 14:50:22 UTC 2016

* maxtul at netassist.ua (Max Tulyev) [Sun 10 Apr 2016, 15:30 CEST]:
>I need to stop IPv6 web traffic going from our customers to Google
>without touching all other IPv6 and without blackhole IPv6 Google
>network (this case my customers are complaining on long timeouts).
>
>What can you advice for that?

You can add a reject route at your borders rather than nullroute.
That will cause ICMP Unreachables to be sent by your routers back to
your customers so their applications will know immediately to retry
using IPv4 rather than waiting for TCP timeouts.

Alternatively, you could ask Google to exempt your nameservers from
being responded to with AAAA records - something that may happen
automatically if v6 connectivity is bad.

	-- Niels.