Microwave link capacity

Huffman, Timothy tim at bobbroadband.com
Tue Apr 5 14:08:15 UTC 2016

Agree with Mike that WISPA is probably the place to get real world experience from people who make a living with microwave links.

We use primarily Dragonwave (in FCC part 101 frequencies: 11, 18, and 23GHz), which can get ~600-800Mbpas over the air, depending primarily on channel width and distance. For shorter links (~1 mile), we use Siklu 80GHz, which can do 1-2Gbps over the air.

--
Tim Huffman
Staff Manager – Fixed Wireless Engineering | Windstream