Some doubts on large scale BGP/AS design and black hole routing risk

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:12:51 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 9:29 AM, magicboiz at hotmail.com <magicboiz at hotmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> thanks  everyone for your replies.
>
> I'd like to highlight this concept that Christopher gave before:
>
> ​"different providers, different entrance facilities in the building(s),
> different conduits out of the area... "
>
> How can we get this in this world where everyone is moving to big Data
> Center / Colo-Hosters.....In this kind of colo providers, you usually have
> a Meet-Me-Room or similar (which is a single point of failure) and no
> control on how you're actually connected with your peers....

​you mean: "My pop1 is equinix ashburn DC2, my pop2 is equinix SVL1" ?

I believe there are separate entrance facilities available at this sort of
facility (or that'd certainly be on my RFP if I were looking) and you can
sort out with the providers local fiber routing issues by asking for their
maps. ​