Quick Update on the North American BCOP Efforts

Chris Grundemann cgrundemann at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 14:41:38 UTC 2015

Hail NANOGers!

After receiving several off-line inquiries about the status of BCOP in
North America I think it's appropriate to send a general announcement here.

The biggest news here is that the current NANOG Board of Directors has
disbanded the NANOG BCOP Committee. The stated rationale for this decision
can be found in the minutes from their 2 February 2015 meeting.

https://www.nanog.org/sites/default/files/sites/default/files/BOD-BCOPMinutes_2.2.2015.pdf

As you might expect, I find this extremely disappointing. Our reaction has
been twofold:

1) We're moving to a new home. You can now find all of the current
documents at http://nabcop.org. Everything is moving forward, despite a bit
of jostling. Please jump in and get involved!

2) I'm so disappointed by this decision, and the future course of NANOG
implied, that I've decided to run for the NANOG Board of Directors. There's
a really great slate of candidates running, so whatever your decision, I
highly encourage you to really consider your selections.

https://www.nanog.org/elections/2015/BoDcandidates

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to email me directly, or
send them to bcop-support at nabcop.org.

See you in Montréal!

Cheers,
~Chris