Prefix hijacking by AS20115

Bob Evans bob at FiberInternetCenter.com
Tue Sep 29 03:59:31 UTC 2015

That's something I would do. Announce announce and keep adding ports until
I hit a 10 Gig port worth of traffic or saw it fixed. Be sure to put in a
blackhole route for the prefixes. Try to pick blocks that are as
geographically located to your peering routers as possible ...IE in Reno
pick the blocks that seem to be near by - like Reno, Tahoe, Sacramento
..... when that batch of customers makes their phones ring all night
someone will listen.

Would be nice if our membership organization ARIN ( that we all pay to
keep us somewhat organized) had an ability to do something for you.... I
never looked into it...i don't know....maybe it does ?

But, in the mean time I am pretty sure you can document this well and
prove your announcements of theirs was due to the fact you couldn't get
proper technical attention and needed to desperately before your customers
cancel after 8 hours of this. Tomorrow call your lawyers and begin to sue
that cable company (did I recognize that ASN as cable TV ? ) for damages
this must be causing you in ill-will amongst your customer base.

I wonder just how you prove the damage...some equation based on customer
calls and complaints together with how many years you have been in
business as well as the number of contracts that are coming up for
renewal. etc etc. Now that would be interesting to see a formula for that
if anyone has been through it.

Thank You
Bob Evans
CTO