GeoIP information

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Sep 25 01:24:34 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 9:12 PM, Ian Clark <ian.clark at dreamhost.com> wrote:
> On Sep 24, 2015 5:54 PM, "Ray Van Dolson" <rvandolson at esri.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 08:47:56PM -0400, William Herrin wrote:
>> >
>> > Maxmind does not concur.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Bill Herrin
>>
>> I've recently SWIP'd some IP space to see if Maxmind would pick up the
>> new location.  48 hours later it hasn't (just via their free, web-based
>> query tool).  Perhaps I need to be more patient.
>
> We did the same thing about a week ago, including a correction request with
> maxmind to no avail, hence this thread. I have a feeling our patience won't
> be rewarded...

Maxmind would have to violate ARIN's rules to collect your geoip
information through a feed of whois data. Those rules forbid
republication of the data.

Try contacting them directly. Then download the files they publish and
check for yourself.

https://support.maxmind.com/geoip-data-correction-request/
http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/legacy/geolite/

When you've done these things and still haven't gotten satisfaction,
perhaps then it's time to return here for a session of Name and Shame.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us