Service Providers behaviour for dual homed enterprises

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Thu Sep 24 16:22:53 UTC 2015

Stephen Satchell wrote on 9/24/2015 11:00 AM:
> On 09/24/2015 07:05 AM, Blake Hudson wrote:
>> However, the ultimate way to control routing would be to advertise more
>> specific prefixes via the path that you want traffic to flow.
>
> Tried that, no joy.

I could only assume then that your peers were either not accepting your
advertisements or there was an error in your configuration. All routers
will choose the most specific route they have when performing
destination based routing. This overrides how the route was installed
(static, connected, dynamic) or any metrics considered within each
routing protocol for its best path selection.