Ear protection

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Wed Sep 23 12:53:41 UTC 2015

> Maybe I've always listened to my music to loud and spend the bulk of time
> via ssh, but I've never felt a need for hearing protection in a DC, is this
> generally an issue for people?

Depends on how long and how noisy.

As I've gotten older, I find loud noise in general is less tolerable,
so I've taken to always keeping a pair of earplugs with me.  It makes
being around loud music, etc., much more enjoyable.

Long term exposure to noise is widely considered to be a hazard, but
walking into an average data center for an hour once a month is
probably not that risky.

... JG