Segment Routing for L2VPN?

Jeff Tantsura jeff.tantsura at ericsson.com
Mon Sep 21 18:32:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

In most well designed IP routing stacks the way to get to a labeled
(tunneled) next hop is decoupled from a service, so if a service requires
such next hop it is upto (usually RIB) to return one (best, multiple might
exist) which would be used for forwarding. If it is a Segment Routed one
so it will then be used.

Cheers,
Jeff