DDoS auto-mitigation best practices (for eyeball networks)

Patrick Muldoon doon.bulk at inoc.net
Sat Sep 19 21:15:23 UTC 2015

> On Sep 19, 2015, at 4:09 PM, Mehmet Akcin <mehmet at akcin.net> wrote:
>
> How does he/she become target? How does IP address gets exposed?

Call of Duty.

No I am not kidding.

The majority of the DDOS attacks we see targeted at Residential customers, are because said Customer  was running their mouth / being an A**Hole  in Call of Duty, and they pissed off someone with access to a botnet, etc..   The other is people gambling for real money and they start to win, so someone else knocks they offline so they won't lose.   As for how they get their IP, not really sure as I suck as those games, but I've heard it is pretty trivial to do so.

-Patrick