NetFlow - path from Routers to Collector

Erik Sundberg ESundberg at nitelusa.com
Fri Sep 11 13:18:16 UTC 2015

Mainly management type traffic over an Out of band Management Network. This way during and outage we don't miss any Netflow and SNMP Queries and more importantly we can still access the router.

In the past I have also setup a Management VRF, but tend to stay away from this. During an outage you end up losing data or visibility while routes reconverge.