BGAN Optimized Laptops

Eric Tykwinski eric-list at truenet.com
Fri Sep 11 03:50:45 UTC 2015

Matt’s totally correct on the browser requesting the info, so it’s up to the client to decide what to download even obfuscated javascript links.
My question would be how far can compression take you for something like Opera which does some compression in browser with a caching server?  I figure a lot of websites are probably using more uncompressed formats like PNG, which can probably be compressed a bit more, but it’s still like taking a tar ball.  If  a server in sending gzip’d text and the browser/cache are compressing that how much more can be gained?  Compression of compression with even more compression to me is probably more like a downward spiral.