WiFI on utility poles

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Thu Sep 10 16:15:49 UTC 2015

We should all be complaining, vociferously, about LTE-U.  I've seen the
tests and as it exists today LTE-U completely creams WiFi and is only
usable by someone who owns a LTE license.  WiFi APs will cohabitate fairly
well, even if they share the same channel, because WiFi is a listen before
transmitting protocol.  LTE and LTE-U is a centrally scheduled protocol and
doesn't have a back off mechanism.

Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology
ZCorum