WiFI on utility poles

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at cable.comcast.com
Thu Sep 10 12:53:22 UTC 2015

You can learn more at http://wifi.xfinity.com/. There are more than 8M hotspots around the country today and we're doing more and more outdoor / public area WiFi hotspots. In my area (Philadelphia) I hit them all along the route that my commuter train takes, so it's convenient.

The XFINITY SSID is new and uses WPA2 IIRC.

The guys copied (Ken and Corey) are good contacts for any direct questions about Comcast's WiFi network.

As an aside, it does not look like UVM is covered yet but we expanded our free college streaming service this Fall and on campuses that have Xfinity WiFi, it would presumably help students stream from more places (see http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/xfinity-on-campus-expands-comcast-now-brings-streaming-tv-to-24-colleges-and-universities).

- Jason
Comcast