Extraneous "legal" babble--and my reaction to it.

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Sep 9 15:06:47 UTC 2015

On Wed, 09 Sep 2015 13:36:39 -0000, "Dovid Bender" said:
> I am trying to understand why the legal babble bothers anyone. Does it give
> you a nervous twitch? Remind you why you hate legal? It's just text at the
> bottom of your email.

Disclaimers like those are like brown M&M's backstage at a Van Halen concert.

If you see one of those on mail sent to a public mailing list, it's a sure
sign that there's other, much more serious issues.  Because let's face it,
they're an admission that the offending company hasn't gotten a *real*
data confidentiality program in place, and the amount of attempted adhesion
in them indicates that the legal people asking for it may not be all
that competent either....