Extraneous "legal" babble--and my reaction to it.

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Tue Sep 8 08:31:33 UTC 2015

On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 09:14:02PM +0000, Connor Wilkins wrote:
> Honestly.. the best method is to not let it bug you anymore. It's
> only a seething issue to you because you let it be.

Curiously enough, the same thing was said about spam 30-ish years ago.
The "ignore it and maybe it will go away" approach did not yield
satisfactory results.

These "disclaimers" are stupid and abusive.  They have no place in
*any* email traffic, and most certainly not in a professional forum.
And it is unreasonable to expect the recipients of the demands and
threats they embody to silently tolerate them ad infinitum.

---rsk