Extraneous "legal" babble--and my reaction to it.

Connor Wilkins connorwilkins at ruggedinbox.com
Sun Sep 6 21:14:02 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-06 19:18, Scott Weeks wrote:
> It could be much easier.  Folks that care about the
> mailing list rules, want to be courteous to list
> folks and want to use their company email, rather
> than one that inserts no disclaimer, could put 15
> lines of blank as part of their signature.  This
> would force all the crap far enough down the page
> that it wouldn't be bothersome.
>
> scott

Everyone:

Honestly.. the best method is to not let it bug you anymore. It's only a
seething issue to you because you let it be.

You're suggesting that one use 15 blank lines just so that you don't
have to see any of these self-inflicted transgressions. It would be much
simpler and less taxing on all involved to simply not let it bother you
anymore.

"Impossible!" you may cry.. but I don't believe so. I used to be the
same. It's easily beatable. You could send twenty paragraphs of
so-called 'legal text' suffixed to your email and I wouldn't so much as
bat an eye. It may take some personal effort but you need to learn to
'let it go'.

This is a non-issue in the scope of things and you've made a mountain
out of this grain of sand. Brush it aside and move on. It isn't worth
your time.