Updating dns glue

Mike mike-nanog at tiedyenetworks.com
Sat Sep 5 04:34:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

     Due to a recent fiber cut in northern california, I've stepped up
my plan to have one authoritative dns and backup mail exchanger located
on another network far, far away. I am sadly having immense trouble with
dotster understanding that I need to update the ip address of a glue
record, as I host my own stuff,  for which their gui has no abillity and
which phone support says open a ticket for which the e-mailed response
was utter cluelessness, claiming they checked and it's already set...
yeah, you recursed and hit my existing ns which gave you the answer, but
it's the roots which need to know.... <sigh>

     Honestly the last time I mucked with this low level of a function I
was actually emailing unenceypted spoofed 'mail from' secured templates
to internic. I find the modern registrars to be a huge improvement, but
in this regard I am confounded. I needed this done 24 hours ago. Anyone
out there can tell me how to get this done?

Mike-