Software Defined Networking

alvin nanog nanogml at Mail.DDoS-Mitigator.net
Fri Sep 4 23:15:21 UTC 2015

hi valdis

On 09/04/15 at 06:59pm, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> Does anybody have a citation that legal disclaimers attached to
> publicly posted mail aren't null and void?  Seems to me that
> what they're trying to say is "Sorry, we're too lame to use
> PGP or similar on actually sensitive e-mail"...

i keep wondering why "they" keep using sniffable clear text
smtp/imap/pop3 instead of at least encrypted version

the problem also is both ends, the sender and the receiver
and all the laptops/desktops need to be configured

more importantly, why not just use https based webmail
or even smpts encrypted google mail where less setup and
configuring would be needed for sender and receiver

have a nice weekend
alvin
#
# DDoS-Mitigator.com