Whois.net down?

Marcin Cieslak saper at saper.info
Thu Sep 3 19:57:55 UTC 2015

On Thu, 3 Sep 2015, Brian Reichert wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 09:59:02PM +0700, David S. wrote:
> > Hi Brian,
> >
> > I'm able to access https://whois.net, have you check the nameserver of
> > numachi.com?
> > Is the other domain use same authoritative DNS?
>
> I can access the web page.  When I use the page for certain domains,
> sometimes, I successfully get results.
>
> Other domains, such as NUMACHI.COM, I get the error I reported.
>
> CLI-based versions of whois work just fine for all domains I'm
> concerned about; it's that web-baed version that is selectively
> failing.

whois.net is some site operated by NTT/Verio,
this domain tech contact seems to be:

Tech Name: Verio Hostmaster
Tech Organization:
Tech Street: 8005 S. Chester Street Suite 200
Tech City: Englewood
Tech State/Province: CO
Tech Postal Code: 80112
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.2142908620
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +1.2147451877
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: hostmaster at verio.net

although you might have better chance via Twitter
https://twitter.com/WhoisNet :(

~Marcin