NetFlow - path from Routers to Collector

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Sep 2 00:53:33 UTC 2015

--- rdobbins at arbor.net wrote:

Again, to clarify - I count VLANs/VRFs as being sufficiently out-of-band
to handle flow telemetry on a reasonable basis without mixing it in with
customer traffic.

Glad you clarified that.  Now, I understand your stance.  Like the
others are saying, in 18 years of netgeeking I never had OOB with
<whatever>flow.  It has always been in a VLAN or VRF.

--- freedman at freedman.net wrote:

We see well under 20% doing logical separation but definitely folks
doing it...

Now that's a scary number.  VLANS/VRFs are too easy not to do that.

scott