NANOG list attack

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Oct 29 23:34:27 UTC 2015

On 10/26/2015 03:17 PM, Larry Blunk wrote:
>    As Job Snijders (a fellow Communications Committee member) noted
> in an earlier post, we will be implementing some additional protection
> mechanisms to prevent this style of incident from happening again. We
> will be more aggressively moderating posts from addresses who have
> not posted recently, in addition to other filtering mechanisms.

For what it's worth, while I did see all of these that made it through
the list itself, the larger portion that I saw did not come through the
list but were sent directly to me, and the Received header trail shows
that those did not come through the nanog mailman.  So I applaud what
you do with the list itself, but it wouldn't have made (and won't make,
in the future) much difference, since e-mails were sent out bypassing
the list server.

And thanks for this note.