speedtest vs geo-coding IP info

Lorell Hathcock lorell at hathcock.org
Wed Oct 28 22:39:32 UTC 2015

All:

Very helpful.  Another also helped me track down that Ookla uses MaxMind.com for their GeoIP data.  I was able to submit a GeoIP location correction request.  A guy at speedtest.net suggested that MaxMind may pay me no mind because my upstream ISP may need to submit the request.  That makes perfect sense to me, but it doesn’t hurt to try I hope.

Thanks NANOG!  You’re the best!

-L