Uptick in spam

Connor Wilkins connorwilkins at ruggedinbox.com
Tue Oct 27 14:33:03 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-27 13:08, Ian Smith wrote:
> But that's not how SPF works.  In SPF, the domain of the envelope
> header
> sender address is checked against that domain's sender policy.  Since
> jdlabs.fr has no policy specified, a strict SPF policy at the NANOG
> server
> would have prevented this small issue.

No sane system rejects email based on the lack of a SPF policy.

If the domain had a policy ending in "-all" and the spam wasn't coming
from a source allowed by the policy then it should be marked as failing,
held for moderator review, or rejected.

--
“Simply stated, we have a new formula for Coke.” --- Roberto C.
Goizueta, Company Chairman, Coca-Cola