Uptick in spam

Ian Smith ian.w.smith at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 13:08:00 UTC 2015

But that's not how SPF works.  In SPF, the domain of the envelope header
sender address is checked against that domain's sender policy.  Since
jdlabs.fr has no policy specified, a strict SPF policy at the NANOG server
would have prevented this small issue.

As for the utility of SPF, well.  It's not comprehensive, no one I know
would say that it is.  But it's a bit of a stretch to say that has zero
value.  It would have prevented this latest bit of fun, which seems to have
people upset, so there's *some* value.

-Ian