EyeBall View

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Mon Oct 26 20:18:09 UTC 2015

In message <CAAWx_pXZnrP3OKRoRc6KzOO7590dZNasR9CxgQf6Qs0dPxgr2A at mail.gmail.com>
, James Bensley writes:
> These are "open" projects that ISPs can join to monitor performance
> between networks, I would recommend joining those instead of
> reinventing the wheel.
>
> I don't how much scope or interest there would be just for a raw speed
> test between networks though, however if enough networks really wanted
> it you could talk to the guys running the NL Ring (if it isn't already
> a feature, you could develop it there).
>
> https://ring.nlnog.net/
>
> https://atlas.ripe.net/
>
> I'm not sure if RIPE allow ISPs from outside Europe to join the Atlas
> project, if not ARIN could start one, it's been very successful here
> in Europe.

There are Atlas probes all over the world.  I have one here in
Sydney connected via Optus and HE (San Hose).  I'm just waiting for
HE to complete bringing up their Sydney POP and hopefully with that
tunnel end points as Optus doesn't appear to be intending to deliver
IPv6 anytime soon.

Hopefully with the NBN saying they are taking over the HFC we might
get IPv6 as I think that the NBN as caused ISP's to stall upgrades
to support IPv6.

Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC