EyeBall View

Nick Ellermann nellermann at broadaspect.com
Mon Oct 26 18:19:16 UTC 2015

Dovid,
What features are you thinking that would be useful? Latency, QoS, Tracert, AS Hops, etc? Many networks have the OOkla speedtest server hung off a link from their website or even some flavor of a Looking Glass site. Having yet another platform maybe difficult for the ISP to participate, even then it would be placed at or near the core of their network and not out with the end users. Maybe with some incentive you could get end users (aka the Eyeballs) to plug in something small like a Raspberry Pi device or run a software app on their computers. But if the end users on the various networks won't get anything from it, you are going to be struggling to have enough take rate to have good statistics. You may find that the only ones interested are a small set of network operators.

Sincerely,
Nick Ellermann - CTO & VP Cloud Services
BroadAspect

E: nellermann at broadaspect.com
P: 703-297-4639
F: 703-996-4443