surge of "new message" spams hitting NANOG

Rob McEwen rob at invaluement.com
Mon Oct 26 01:56:26 UTC 2015

On 10/24/2015 11:04 PM, Rob McEwen wrote:
> I just checked the all the spammy domains found on tonight's surge of
> spams that hit NANOG

oops. "all" didn't really mean "all". I had mistakenly though that I was
getting all of them and that I was bypassing all spam filtering for
NANOG messages. Turns out, I was instead doing minimal filtering... so
that caused most of them to be blocked in my spam filtering. Then I ran
those stats on what was really a small subset of the ones that slipped
past that minimal level of filtering i was using on NANOG message. So my
sample set may not have been representative of the whole. Sorry for the
confusion.

--
Rob McEwen