IGP choice

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Fri Oct 23 16:21:15 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 9:57 AM, marcel.duregards at yahoo.fr
<marcel.duregards at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Anybody from Yahoo to share experience on IGP choice ?
> IS-IS vs OSPF, why did you switch from one to the other, for what reason ?
> Same question could apply to other ISP, I'd like to heard some international
> ISP/carriers design choice, please.
>
> Thank in advance,
> Best regards,
> -Marcel

When we decided to go dual-stack many many years
ago, we faced the choice of either running OSPFv2
and OSPFv3 in parallel in the core, or just running
IS-IS.  Several of us on the team had experience
with IS-IS from previous jobs, so we decided to
shift over from OSPF to IS-IS to simplify the
environment by only needing a single IGP for
both address families.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Thanks!

Matt