VPS in DC/VA on L3?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Oct 23 16:03:14 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Christopher Morrow" <morrowc.lists at gmail.com>

> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com>
> wrote:
> > We need to do host-mode IPSEC out of AWS to a company in the DC/VA area that
> > is on L3; AWS apparently will only do network mode IPSEC, and they won't take
> > that, so we'll need to hop.
>
> 'will only do network mode' .... because the VM you run in aws can't
> do ipsec to your pix?

Pick your problem:

AWS's productized IPSEC VPC gateway won't do host-mode, or so I am told, and

Our customer won't do network mode, and

Our customer also won't accept IPSEC traffic that's been NATted, so we can't do
it from an AWS host cause EIPs are natted; there is, TTBOMK *no* way to get a
non-natted IP on an EC2/VPC host.

Cheers,
-- jra