IGP choice

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Oct 23 08:48:14 UTC 2015

On 23 October 2015 at 08:31, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

Hey,

> Quagga is an example of a case where IS-IS is seriously lagging behind
> OSPF to the point of not being useable at all.

I believe this is because you need 802.3 (as opposed to EthernetII)
and rudimentary CLNS implementation, both which are very annoying from
programmer point of view.
I hope ISIS would migrate to EthernetII and IP. From security point of
view, people often state how it's better that it's not IP, but in
reality, how many have verified the flip side of this proposal, how
easy it is to protect yourself from ISIS attack from connected host?
For some platforms the answer is, there is absolutely no way, and any
connected host can bring you down with trivial amount of data.

--
  ++ytti