ipv6 connectivity bugs

Mike mike-nanog at tiedyenetworks.com
Mon Oct 19 11:39:33 UTC 2015

Hello,

     I have a 7201 and an ASR1000 and they share a link and run ipv4 and
bgp over it no problem.

     I am experimenting and have now added some static ipv6
configuration, and I can't seem to ping across the link. The issue looks
like one side us advertising prefixes correctly and the other isn't.
Here's my interface configs:

ASR1000:

interface TenGigabitEthernet0/1/0.110025
   encapsulation dot1Q 25 second-dot1q 11
  ip address x.x.x.1 255.255.255.248
  ipv6 address xxxx:yyyy::1:1/126
end

7201:

interface GigabitEthernet0/0.110025
   encapsulation dot1Q 25 second-dot1q 11
  ip address x.x.x.2 255.255.255.248
  ipv6 address xxxx:yyyy::1:2/126
end

When I try pinging 7201 from the asr1000, no response. I do see a
neighbor entry on the asr1000:

sh ipv6 neighbors
IPv6 Address                              Age Link-layer Addr State
Interface
xxxx:yyyy::1:2                              0 xxxx.yyyy.8e1b  REACH
Te0/1/0.110025
FE80::xxxx:yyyy:FE49:8E1B                   0 xxxx.yyyy.8e1b  REACH
Te0/1/0.110025

On the 7201 however, there seems to only be the link local address
neighbor entry for the asr1000:

sh ipv6 neighbors
IPv6 Address                              Age Link-layer Addr State
Interface
FE80::xxxx:yyyy:FE2D:D190                   0 xxxx.yyyy.d190  STALE
Gi0/0.110025

Can anyone spot what I am doing wrong?

Mike-