Dial Up Solutions

Stephen Satchell list at satchell.net
Sat Oct 17 15:54:57 UTC 2015

On 10/17/2015 07:29 AM, Jason Canady wrote:
> I'm going to go with Justin's suggestion and go with a wholesale
> provider such as DialupUSA.  It's not worth paying for the lines and
> keeping a T1 or better for just a few users.  DialupUSA use to charge
> around $5/user.  They also had hourly and per port options. Looks like
> you can port existing numbers to them now.  I used them 9-10 years ago
> and they were great to work with!  IKANO bought them out since then, but
> they still operate under DialupUSA.net.  They have DSL and T1 options too.

The ISP I consult to uses an outsource dial service (don't remember
which one).  They require us to maintain a RADIUS server accessible from
the public internet, to validate callers and handle options and
restrictions.  You probably have a RADIUS server already, but you may
need to make minor (but tedious) modifications.

Factor that into your planning.