Dial Up Solutions

frnkblk at iname.com frnkblk at iname.com
Sat Oct 17 15:14:41 UTC 2015

Don't forget about this bug:

Uptime bug is referenced in UTStarcom documentation as AnswerID 3497;
=============
If you are experiencing poor performance and / or operational slowdown on
your network of the HiPer ARC card and the card uptime is over 400 days,
please update the codebase to the following releases - 5.3.135 or better
(for TCS 4.5) or 5.7.135 or better (for TCS 4.7). Previous versions of code
will require a scheduled reboot every year to prevent problems such as:
Random Packet Bus failure
Management Bus failure of HiPer ARC reported by NMC
Inability to ping the HiPer ARC card
Various commands via telnet or console fail to complete on the HiPer ARC.

So I have reminder to myself to reboot the boxes every August.

Frank