IP-Echelon Compliance

Tony Wicks tony at wicks.co.nz
Wed Oct 14 02:08:23 UTC 2015

> While you are at it you might want to stop sending DMCA notices to Canadian
> ISPs. The DMCA does not apply in Canada. If your clients wish to litigate against
> individual residential customers in Canada, you will first need to obtain a court
> order requiring handover of data, on a case-by-case basis.

Well said, the 500 or so a day that get filtered into my deleted items folder are mildly annoying, and all our IP ranges are APNIC (not America!). DCMA does not extend outside of the USA, no matter how much spam you send. If you want someone to do something that applies to other countries spend some time bothering to find out what the relevant laws are in those countries.