IP-Echelon Compliance

Bob Evans bob at FiberInternetCenter.com
Tue Oct 13 15:30:39 UTC 2015

WAIT WAIT - I know the solution to all of this.  Let's pass a law that
requires everyone to fill out a form to buy a device with a MAC address.
Make them wait 10 days to verify the buyer has never committed a digital
crime. While law enforcement puts it in a pile forms and pretends they can
verify through the process of piling and ignoring it. 10 days later, If
law enforcement doesn't call - the store can then call the buyer and tell
them they can pick up their new potential crime committing internet
device.

Oh Gee, I see here that I have been living in California too long.

Bob Evans
CTO

BTW, from this thread, I just learned that responding the way the spam
email states doesn't make it possible communicate with company personnel -
you must first fill out an application and register to communicate ? A
kind or opt-in-proof.

We get these emails.... 99% of the time its the same IP address subnets of
wi-fi in hotels or schools. They are always 12 hours late and often older
- days late - hotel guests customers have checked out or closed their
hacked laptop after their lunch meeting.

What's a busy hotel staff suppose to do track down a guest MAC addresses -
hire better firewall companies to block specific port traffic because of
its potential use? Thought that ol' bit-torrent stuff flips ports whenever
it needs too ?