How to force rapid ipv6 adoption

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Sat Oct 3 22:15:20 UTC 2015

--- marka at isc.org wrote:
From: Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org>

:: Lots of homes don't even know they are running
:: IPv6 in parallel with IPv4.  It is usually a
:: non-event.

That's for sure.  I have been focusing a lot on work
lately instead of my home network and one day I just
happened to notice one of my ISPs (TW) turned on IPv6
in Hawaii.  Embarrassingly, I don't even know when
they turned it on.  It just worked.

:: The hard part is convincing the guys and gals on
:: this list to turn it on

In defense of many folks on the list it is many times
a VERY hard task convincing non-technical or minimally
technically oriented managers to let us have the time
and permission to roll it out.  It's one thing that's
got me really grumpy about where I work.  They just
don't (and don't want to) understand.

scott