How to wish you hadn't forced ipv6 adoption (was "How to force rapid ipv6 adoption")

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Sat Oct 3 21:01:40 UTC 2015

On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Scott Morizot <tmorizot at gmail.com> wrote:
>  One of the points in having 64 bits reserved for the host
> portion of the address is that you never need to think or worry about
> individual addresses

Well, that turned out to be a farce. Instead of worrying about running
out of addresses on the lan, you have to worry about other people
tracking your mobile users through their static 64 bit tail (SLAAC) or
having trouble internally tracking your users (privacy extensions).
Give me the straightforward problem over the subtle one any time.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us